Information we collect from you and how we use it
We will collect information about you when you:
- Shop online (either as a guest or using your account)
- Use our delivery services
- Enter a competition
- Sign up for news and offers
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use the information provided by you in a variety of ways, including:
- To answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested
- To process your order or manage your account
- To help with any questions if you have started an order but not completed it
- To provide a more personalised online experience by showing you the most relevant products and offers
- To keep track of sales and enquiries
- To monitor how our customers transact with us online
- To contact you for your views on our products and services
- To keep you informed about the products and services that we offer (for more information on your choices see Keeping You Informed below)
- For market research purposes, by tracking activity on our site (on an anonymous basis) to identify trends and/or to improve usefulness and content
- To notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
We only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so. We are required to keep some records for a longer period of time to meet our legal obligations.
Understanding Our Customers
So that we can provide a better service, we want to understand the shopping patterns of our customers, how customers select the products and services they ultimately buy, which apps and technology customers prefer to use, and how successful our advertising and promotional campaigns have been. We may use a number of different techniques to do this:
- We never see or store your payment card details.
- We monitor which customers redeem vouchers using a code that makes the offer personal to you
- We may monitor other websites you visit and the goods and services you look for using search engines in order to provide you with information about products and services from LBSL which are most relevant to you
- We may connect with social media sites so that we can better target our advertising while you are using these services and improve the relevance of what you see
Disclosing Your Data
We may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to answering your questions about products or services, sending postal mail, texts and emails and analysing data. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may have to disclose your information by law or because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it. In the event that a majority of our shares are bought by another company or we transfer a substantial amount of our assets to another company, we may disclose your personal information to that purchaser.
How is your information protected
We take protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. For further details please see our Security Online section. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it. Your information will be stored in Europe and will not be transferred to any other country
This website is operated by Loft Boarding Scotland Ltd. You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of it, please email us. A small fee may be payable.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible so we can update our records. If you have set up an account you can always update your details in the account settings.