Our contact details
Information we collect from you and how we use it
We will collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (e.g. name and contact details, the type of house you own)
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You request an in-person or remote loft survey with us
- You contact us by telephone, email, social media or using our contact form
- You receive a quote for your loft
- You accept a quote and have your loft flooring, ladders etc. fitted by us
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested
- Process your order or manage your account
- Help with any questions if you have started an enquiry but not completed it
- Keep track of sales and enquiries
- Track activity on our website (on an anonymous basis) to identify trends and/or to improve usefulness and content, for advertising and market research purposes
Please know that we will never share this information with any third party without your expressed consent.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a legal and contractual obligation.
We only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or send you updates on our products and services if you have indicated that you are happy for us to do so. We are required to keep some records for a longer period of time to meet our legal obligations, e.g. with HMRC.
Understanding our customers
So that we can provide a better service, we want to understand the shopping patterns of our customers, how customers select the products and services they ultimately buy, which apps and technology customers prefer to use, and how successful our advertising and promotional campaigns have been. We may use a number of different techniques to do this:
- We may monitor other websites you visit and the goods and services you look for using search engines in order to provide you with information about products and services from Loft Boarding Scotland Ltd which are most relevant to you
- We may connect with social media sites so that we can better target our advertising while you are using these services and improve the relevance of what you see
Disclosing your data
We may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to answering your questions about products or services, sending postal mail, texts and emails and analysing data. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may have to disclose your information by law or because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it. In the event that a majority of our shares are bought by another company or we transfer a substantial amount of our assets to another company, we may disclose your personal information to that purchaser.
How we store your personal information
We take the protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it. Your information will be stored in Europe and will not be transferred to any other country.
We keep your personal information for no longer than seven years. We will then dispose of your information by deleting your records in our database.
Your data protection rights
This website is operated by Loft Boarding Scotland Ltd. You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of it, please email us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible so we can update our records.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [Insert your organisation’s contact details for data protection queries].
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk